Sky-Watcher SKYMAX Maksutov-Cassegrains are highly compact and portable telescopes which are noted for producing high quality, sharp images. Likewise, this particular 5″ hybrid telescope is a precision engineered piece of equipment which, given its long focal length, is best suited for planetary and lunar viewing, but can also be used for observing deep sky objects such as nebulae, star clusters and galaxies.
The Sky-Watcher Skymax-127 (AZ) 127mm (5″) f/1500 SynScan GO-TO Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is a durable, easy to use telescope and produces ‘right-side-up’ images ideal for both astronomy and terrestrial purposes. Particularly useful is this telescope’s SynScan computer database containing over 42,900 objects, and its AZ hand control which at the touch of a button allows you to locate specific objects or even take a tour of the night sky.
Verdict: A compact, powerful scope at an incredible price
– SynScanTM AZ GoTo Computerised Database: 42,900+ Objects
– Magnifications: (with eyepieces supplied) x60 & x150, with highest practical power x254
– Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.8)
– Diameter of Primary Mirror: 127mm
– 6×30 Finderscope
– PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
– Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray