The Orion StarBlast 6i is a top of the range beginner’s reflector telescope whose substantial 6-inch (150mm) aperture will allows enough light-gathering capability to view gorgeous images of the moon and planets, as well as many deep-sky objects including galaxies, glowing nebulae, and star clusters.
The trade-off to having so much aperture, however, means the Orion StarBlast 6i has no tripod provided, but still its compact design is ideal for astronomers using a sturdy tabletop configuration. In addition, its handy “push-to” computerized navigation uses illuminated arrows to point you to more than 14,000 celestial objects, or to identify what you may have found by eye. Weighing in at 23lbs, the fully assembled Orion StarBlast 6i is the most compact computerized 6″ reflector on the market and portable enough to take along on a country camp-out for some clear-sky stargazing.
Verdict: Smart tabletop reflector telescope
– Easy to use push-to IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator with more than 14,000 celestial objects
– 6″ aperture reflector optics
– 750mm focal length (f/5.0) optics
– Includes 25mm and 10mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepieces, EZ Finder II aiming device, eyepiece rack, Starry Night software, and more!
– Weighs just 23.5 lbs for great portability
– Pre-assembled base